Nexus 5X smartphone which was also called ‘bullhead’ (codenamed) was also the flagship of Google Nexus series. It was a joint venture between LG Electronics and Google; manufactured by LG and Loaded with Android OS. Although, it was manufactured by LG, yet developed and marketed by Google having distinctive marketing strategies.
After launching of Nexus 5, it was announced in September 2015 and released in the same month. It also released to introduce Android 6.0 Marshmallow along with Nexus 6P having a refreshed interface which was considered a contemporary feature at that time. Through this smartphone, Google Now feature was introduced for the very first time having various improvements in performance. Various other contemporary features were also installed in this smartphone.
On the release of this smartphone, Google and LG were very much appreciated by the users and reviewers, but unfortunately, spontaneous unrecoverable bootloops has become the major reason to defame this device until the new device launch. Hence, right after this device, Google introduced its new series the Google Pixel discontinuing its series the Nexus. the Google Store also removed this smartphone just after introducing the Google Store.
‘Nexus Imprint’ was the trademark hardware feature of this device which was installed on it back. Hence, this hardware could be used by installing third-party apps from Google Play store.
Project Fi was also included in this device which was directly integrated to a mobile network which was Google owned by itself. ‘Android Sensor Hub’ was also introduced through this device which saved the power having low-power processor which purpose was to read the performance of the other hardware activities i.e. fingerprint reader, accelerometer, camera sensors, gyroscope etc.
– Camera: 1.55 μm pixels (12.3 megapixel) f/2.0
– Camera Company: Sony
– Camera Features: IMX377EQH5, autofocus LED flash, 4K UHD videos, slow motion
– Front Camera: 5 megapixel
– Front Camera Features: Omnivision OV5693
– Camera Hardware Family: Nexus 6P
– Basic OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
– Updated OS: Android 6.0.1 (December 2015)
– Updated OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
– Updated OS: Android 7.1.1 (December 2016)
– Updated OS: Android 8.0 Oreo (August 2017)- Latest Updated OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (December 2018)